Why mixed ages?
Child development researchers discovered that grouping children of different ages in one class encourages natural, family-style learning, so Music Together developed the Mixed-Age Music Class. In this class, everyone participates at their own levels: babies vocalize, listen, and observe; toddlers play and experiment; and preschoolers build confidence as they emerge as classroom leaders. Grownups are happy because everyone can come to class together!
Music Together® Mixed Age, ages 0-Kindergarten
The mixed-ages classes provide a musical playground for children ages 0-5 and their caregiver to explore the beauty of music through chants, singing, playing instruments and moving to the music! The class includes:
• Fully trained, registered Music Together teachers lead groups of six to twelve children and their grownups in forty-five minutes of music and movement experiences.
• Each weekly class offers a dozen songs and rhythmic rhymes, including fingerplays, small and large movement activities, and instrument play.
• Flexible lesson plans give participants opportunities to create and improvise: making up new words to songs, offering movement ideas, making silly sounds, and sharing music ideas from the family's play at home.
• The research-based curriculum develops music skills; nurtures creativity, self-expression, and confidence; and provides social, emotional, cognitive, and physical developmental benefits.
• The relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented classroom setting respects and supports the unique learning styles, developmental levels, and temperaments of all participants, creating a strong sense of community.
• At-home materials include a CD, a songbook, and access to the Family Music Zone (where you can download music and other activities to go along with the collection)
Still not sure? Come try a class for free to make sure it's right for your family.